Easy Cheese Soufflé
Soufflé is one of those dishes that has a big, scary reputation... even though it can be one of the easiest things in the world to make!
Seriously, Soufflé - cheese especially - is nowhere near as finicky as you may have heard. Don't harass it when it's in the oven, don't slam the oven door, and serve it right away - done. It WILL deflate less than a minute after being taken from the oven - that's just thermodynamics, not any failure on your part.
This Easy Cheese Soufflé recipe takes ease in preparation a step further, and just involves a blender or food processor - no making a separate béchamel sauce, no beating egg whites... super easy! Also: gluten free!
Also, if you're interested in gluten-free cooking and baking, you should definitely check out my gluten-free cookbooks: Beyond Flour: A Fresh Approach to Gluten Free Cooking & Baking, and the sequel... Beyond Flour 2. You can order them right here on my website, through Amazon, or through any major bookseller.
Are you a wild cheese freak like us? We've some recipes for you!
Brie en Croute
Grilled Halloumi Salad with Peaches & Figs
Heart Shaped Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno Jack Dip
Hot Cheeseburger Dip
How to Make Fromage Fort
How to Make Proper Queso
Jalapeno Artichoke Cheese Dip
Smoked Cheese Balls
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
The One Cheese Ring
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Easy Cheese Souffle
- 7 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Sour Cream
- ¼ cup Milk
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Powder
- ¼-1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¾ cup Grated Swiss Cheese
- ¼ cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Use butter to grease two 16oz ceramic ramekins, preheat oven to 375F
- Blitz everything except cheese in blender for 30 seconds. Divide cheese between two ramekins, fill with egg mixture.
- Bake for 50 minutes, serve immediately – you’ll have about 30 seconds before the soufflé deflates!