Jalapeno Artichoke Dip
Originally Posted May 14, 2013. Updated 1/12/2021
Recently, my friend Susi made a VERY quick trip to Minnesota.
She moved away almost two years ago - on the DAY of our tornado, no less. Great timing on her part, but we've missed her ever since.
As has become tradition, we met up at Psycho Suzi's for drinks, nibbles, and great conversation.
Jalapeno Artichoke Dip - “Backfire” Dip!
While their jalapeno artichoke dip itself is listed as gluten free, the normal accompaniment - baguette - is decidedly NOT... and I always had to order mine with corn chips.
That night, I decided that the time had come to start making it at home.
The dip is just far too good to reserve for the times when we're willing to brave the loud, sensory-overload environment at the restaurant.
I bought the ingredients the next morning, banged out a recipe, and ... Wow.
I had decided to make my version creamier and cheesier than the source material, and added white wine and provolone.
The end result is nothing short of spectacular. Definitely the best artichoke dip I've ever had!
This makes a fair amount of dip, so it's great for parties.
If you - like us - only have a couple of people to feed, never fear - it reheats well, and it's just way too addictive to go to waste. You will plow through a batch in no time!
More Midwest Inspired Recipes
Looking for some more recipes inspired by my time living in Minnesota? Here's a few for ya! (Oh ya, you betcha?)
Looking for More Recipes for "The Big Game"?
... or other watching party, or just to up your snack food game for the hell of it? I've got you covered!
40+ Fantastic Wing Recipes
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers - Gluten-Free!
Bacon Roasted Potato Skins
Baked Reuben Poppers
Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno Jack Dip
Dill Pickle Cream Cheese Dip
Fat Elvis Cupcakes
Game Day Popcorn
Ginger Wasabi Dip
Hot Cheeseburger Dip
How to Cook Perogies in an Air Fryer
Jalapeno Beer Brittle
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pretzels
Porter House Guacamole
Porter's Epic Popcorn
Queso Dip from Scratch
Smoked Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Smoked Cheese Balls
Smoked French Fries
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Jalapeno Artichoke "Backfire" Dip
- 2 Cans Artichoke Hearts Drained and chopped, Artichoke size doesn’t matter
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Seeded and roughly chopped
- 3 Jalapeno Peppers Finely chopped*
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3 Garlic cloves Pressed or finely minced
- ½ Cup Dry White Wine
- 12 oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 ¼ Cup Freshly Grated Parmesan Cheese Divided
- 8 oz Provolone Cheese Shredded
- 1 tsp Fresh Lemon Zest
- ½ tsp Ground
- Salt To taste
- Heat broiler to high.
- In a large saucepan over medium high heat, cook artichoke hearts, peppers, olive oil, and garlic together for a few minutes, until peppers soften a little. Add white wine, cook for another minute.
- Carefully mix in softened cream cheese, stirring gently until smooth and well incorporated. Continue heating, stirring frequently, until cheese starts to bubble.
- Add in 1 cup of the Parmesan, all of the provolone, as well as the lemon zest and pepper. Stir constantly, until all cheese is melted and smooth. Season with salt, to taste.
- Transfer mixture to an oven safe glass baking dish, such as Pyrex – we used a large Pyrex loaf pan. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup of parmesan cheese.
- Broil for a few minutes, until the top of the dip is as browned as you’d like it. Serve hot, with sliced crusty baguette or veggies. Serving corn chips with it is a great option to keep it gluten free, if needed!
Are you a wild cheese freak like us? We've some recipes for you!
Brie en Croute
Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Easy Cheese Souffle
Gluten-Free Cheez Its
Gluten-Free Fried Brie
Grilled Halloumi Salad with Peaches & Figs
Heart Shaped Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno Jack Dip
Hot Cheeseburger Dip
How to Make Fresh Mozzarella
How to Make Fromage Fort
How to Make Proper Queso
Paneer Pakora - Gluten-Free
Smoked Cheese Balls
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
The One Cheese Ring