Peach Cobbler Muffins Recipe
Originally published August 27, 2020. Updated on 4/6/2021
I love using fruit in muffins not only for the colour and flavour, but for the moisture. Getting the moisture from fruit pulp or juice, IMHO, make for a nicer - and probably healthier - muffin than those that get it from milk.
So, when I went on my recent “It’s peach season, I’m going to develop a TON of peach recipes!” binge, of COURSE I was going to make a peach muffin.
I debated the possibilities. I could add a bit of spice, or I could go a bit more savoury (Like I did in my Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones).
It’s corn season, so I debated doing a sweeter, peach variation of my Breakfast Corn Muffins recipe.
In the end, I was in the mood for dessert at the time, so my mind wandered to peach cobbler. I thought of my Pina Colada Muffins, and how much fun - and pretty - it can be to have a topping on a muffin.
At first, I planned to do basically a peach streusel muffin, along the lines of my Cardamom Pear Streusel Muffins... but then I expanded out from there.
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Having shredded peach in the muffin itself is great for flavour and texture, but what if I chopped up some peaches and used it on TOP of the muffins, underneath the streusel?
I’d never used fruit as a topping before, but it worked beautifully!
The resulting muffin had a great flavour and texture, both as the actual muffin base, and in the topping. It's a fun muffin, and looks cute!
I rarely bother with cupcake liners for muffins, but they look cute with these!
Looking for More Peach Recipes?
I’ve got you covered! Here are few favourites, or type “peach” into the search field on my site to find even more!
Balsamic Peach Bruschetta
Blackberry Peach Popsicles
Boozy Raspberry-Peach Bread Pudding
Fresh Peach Daiquiri Recipe
Fresh Peach Salsa
Fuzzy Peach Candy Cocktail
Grilled Halloumi Salad
Grilled Peaches with Lime Honey
Homemade Peach Wine Recipe
One Pan Balsamic Chicken with Peaches
Peachy Southern Comfort Cheesecake
Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones
Small Batch Peach Jam
Small Batch Mango Peach Jam
Southern Comfort Peaches N Cream Popsicles
Southern Comfort Peach Pie
Spicy Southern Comfort Glazed Chicken with Grilled Peaches
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Anyway, on to that Peach Cobbler Muffins Recipe!
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Streusel "Cobbler" Topping
- ¼ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 2 Tbsp Butter chopped
- 2-¼ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 2 Large Eggs lightly beaten
- ¾ cup Milk
- ½ cup Butter melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Fresh peaches
Streusel "Cobbler" Topping:
- In small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, and salt.
- Use a pastry cutter or two forks to cut in 2 tablespoons butter until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 12 muffin cups with liners, or spray with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Make a well in center of flour mixture; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, milk, melted butter, lemon juice, and vanilla
- Grate one peach, chop the other into small pieces - keep them separate!
- Add shredded peaches and the egg mixture all at once to the flour mixture, stir just until moistened (batter should be lumpy.)
- Divide batter between 12 prepared muffin cups, filling each to almost full. I like to use an ice cream scoop for this.
- Sprinkle chopped peaches over each muffin cup
- Sprinkle streusel topping over peaches, gently pat down a little.
- Bake in a 375 degree F oven for 22 to 25 minutes or until golden and a wooden toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in muffin cups on a wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from muffin cups; serve warm.
More Muffin Recipes!
Are you a fellow fan of muffins? I have some more marvellous muffin recipes for you!
Apple Blueberry Muffins
Breakfast Corn Muffins
Cardamom Pear Streusel Muffins
Healthier Apple Oatmeal Muffins
Maple Pumpkin Spiced Muffins
Orange, Date, and Almond Muffins
Pina Colada Muffins
Raspberry Nectarine Muffins