Peachy Southern Comfort Cheesecake
Yesterday was National Cheesecake Day. I'd intended to post this recipe on Friday, to give you all an excuse to celebrate it... but got distracted with home repairs.
Ah well, no one really needs an EXCUSE to celebrate cheesecake, right? It's a celebration unto itself!
This is one of the recipes in my first cookbook, The Spirited Baker. It's pictured as the divider image for the "Creamy" chapter, and the photo was featured in our promo material for the book. Let me tell you, for all the oohing and ahhing that has happened over the photos of this recipe... the photo doesn't even do it justice.
The photo doesn't adequately depict how wildly satisfying the combination of Southern Comfort, pecans, and fresh peaches is. It doesn't convey anything about the deep-down belly sigh you'll emit on first bite. Oh, and how melt-in-your-mouth creamy this cheesecake is. The photo captures none of that - no photo could. Pretty tasty looking photo anyway... but just wait til you try the Peachy Southern Comfort Cheesecake itself!
Looking for More Peach Recipes?
I’ve got you covered! Here are few favourites, or type “peach” into the search field on my site to find even more!
Balsamic Peach Bruschetta
Blackberry Peach Popsicles
Boozy Raspberry-Peach Bread Pudding
Fresh Peach Daiquiri Recipe
Fresh Peach Salsa
Fuzzy Peach Candy Cocktail
Grilled Halloumi Salad
Grilled Peaches with Lime Honey
Homemade Peach Wine Recipe
One Pan Balsamic Chicken with Peaches
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones
Small Batch Peach Jam
Small Batch Mango Peach Jam
Southern Comfort Peaches N Cream Popsicles
Southern Comfort Peach Pie
Spicy Southern Comfort Glazed Chicken with Grilled Peaches
Share the Love!
Before you chow down, be sure to take some pics of your resulting handiwork! If you Instagram it, be sure to tag me - @CelebrationGenerationCA - or post it to My Facebook Page - so I can cheer you on!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Peachy Southern Comfort Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups Finely Chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 5 Tbsp Butter melted
- 2 lbs Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 ½ cups Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ cup Southern Comfort
- 6 Large Eggs
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 Peaches sliced
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Southern Comfort
- Combine all crust ingredients until completely incorporated & moistened. Evenly distribute across the bottom of a 9″ spring form pan. Press ingredients firmly, extending crust partway up the sides of the pan.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C)
- In stand mixer, beat together cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add sour cream, heavy cream, Southern Comfort, eggs, and lemon juice. Beat on low / medium-low until smooth.
- Gently pour batter into prepared crust. Chill for 10 minutes, before baking for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, turn the oven down to 325°F (160°C) and bake for 50 minutes. Once baking time is complete, turn off the oven and allow cake to cool – WITHOUT opening the door! – for 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine sugar and Southern Comfort in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Turn heat to medium low, add in peach slices. Cook, stirring often, for 15-20 minutes, or until peaches are desired firmness. Remove peaches with a slotted spoon, reserve.
- Return syrup to stove and simmer until quite thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Top warm cheesecake with sliced peaches, and chill thoroughly before serving – at least 4 hours*.
- Serve with Southern Comfort syrup.
|Interested in boozy culinary experiments? You'll LOVE my first cookbook, The Spirited Baker!
Combining liqueurs with more traditional baking ingredients can yield spectacular results.Try Mango Mojito Upside Down Cake, Candy Apple Flan, Jalapeno Beer Peanut Brittle, Lynchburg Lemonade Cupcakes, Pina Colada Rum Cake, Strawberry Daiquiri Chiffon Pie, and so much more.
To further add to your creative possibilities, the first chapter teaches how to infuse spirits to make both basic and cream liqueurs, as well as home made flavor extracts! This book contains over 160 easy to make recipes, with variation suggestions to help create hundreds more! Order your hard copy here, or digital edition here.
|Interested in Gluten-free cooking and baking? You'll LOVE Beyond Flour: A Fresh Approach to Gluten-Free Cooking and Baking!
How many times have you come across a gluten-free recipe claiming to be “just as good as the normal version!”, only to wind up with weird textures, aftertastes, etc? Most gluten-free recipes are developed by taking a “normal” recipe, and swapping in a simulated “all purpose” gluten-free flour… whether store bought, or a homemade version. “Beyond Flour” takes a different approach: developing the recipe from scratch. Rather than swapping out the flour for an “all purpose” mix, I use various alternative flours as individual ingredients – skillfully blending flavours, textures, and other properties unique to each flour. Supporting ingredients and different techniques are also utilized to achieve the perfect end goal … not just a “reasonable facsimile”. Order your copy here.
|Looking for even MORE fantastic gluten-free recipes? Beyond Flour now has a sequel: Beyond Flour 2: A Fresh Approach to Gluten-Free Cooking and Baking!
Imagine gluten-free foods that are as good – or better! – than their traditional, gluten-filled counterparts. Imagine no longer settling for foods with bizarre after-tastes, gummy consistency, and/or cardboard texture. Imagine graham crackers that taste just like the real thing. Crisp, flaky crackers…without the sandy texture. Hybrid tortillas that: look and act like flour tortillas, with the taste of fresh roasted corn! Imagine chewy, delicious cookies that *everyone* will want to eat! Imagine BAGELS. If you’ve cooked from “Beyond Flour”, you already know that these fantasies can be reality – it’s all in the development of the recipes. Order your copy here.