Our produce basket this week contained peaches, which ended up resulting in these Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones.
We never know what’s coming in our Produce Express Retail Box, until we pick it up every Friday. It’s a lot of fun to make bets with each other on what we’ll see, and to come up with a plan on what we’ll be eating for the week, as we’re washing and sorting everything. We signed up for these boxes as a way to avoid grocery stores for the foreseeable future, but who knows - we may keep doing it even after things safely return to normal.
Anyway, as with most of my recipes, this one took a bit of a roundabout trip to fruition. At first I was thinking I’d dehydrate the peaches, but then I started leaning towards muffins. I’ve done a LOT of muffins in the last while, but I haven’t made scones since... probably since we were shooting Maize Craze: Spectacular Sweet Corn Recipes, so it’s been a while. Peach scones led to brainstorming on what herb or spice I should add to punch it up a bit, and balsamic vinegar was added at the last possible minute.
It came together as a scone that’s both sweet - but not overly sweet - and savoury. The fruity peach and herbal rosemary flavours work so well together, while the bit of tang and richness from the balsamic vinegar just really caps it off and ties it all together. The texture is great - crusty on the outside, tender on the inside.
They’re easy to make, but sure to impress!
Looking for More Peach Recipes?
I’ve got you covered! Here are few favourites, or type “peach” into the search field on my site to find even more!
Balsamic Peach Bruschetta
Blackberry Peach Popsicles
Boozy Raspberry-Peach Bread Pudding
Fresh Peach Daiquiri Recipe
Fresh Peach Salsa
Fuzzy Peach Candy Cocktail
Grilled Halloumi Salad
Grilled Peaches with Lime Honey
Homemade Peach Wine Recipe
One Pan Balsamic Chicken with Peaches
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Peachy Southern Comfort Cheesecake
Small Batch Peach Jam
Small Batch Mango Peach Jam
Southern Comfort Peaches N Cream Popsicles
Southern Comfort Peach Pie
Spicy Southern Comfort Glazed Chicken with Grilled Peaches
Share the Love!
Before you chow down, be sure to take some pics of your resulting handiwork! If you Instagram it, be sure to tag me - @CelebrationGenerationCA - or post it to My Facebook Page - so I can cheer you on!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones
- 2 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Finely Chopped Dried Rosemary
- 6 Tbsp Butter Chilled
- 1 ¼ cup Chopped Peaches
- ¾ cup Milk*
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and rosemary.
- Chop chilled butter into small cubes. Cut butter into dry ingredients using a fork (or two!) or a pastry blender / cutter until mixture is distributed throughout, and mixture resembles gravel.
- Add peaches, milk, and balsamic vinegar to dry ingredients, stir JUST until combined - mixture will be a little sticky.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface, sprinkling some flour on top. Gently knead for a few seconds, then gather dough up into a ball.
- Press down to a disk that’s an even 1" thickness, cut into 6 wedges.
- Transfer scones to prepared baking sheet, brush with the remaining milk.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dairy free alternative milks also work in this, just use unsweetened types!
More Breakfast and Brunch Recipes
Looking for more ideas to jazz up your breakfast experience! Here are a few more recipes for you:
Apple Cinnamon Buns
Baking Powder Biscuits
Biscuits and Gravy - MY Way!
Chai Cinnamon Rolls
Cheddar Jalapeno Beer Bagels
Easy Banana Bread
Easy Cheese Souffle
Ham, Swiss, and Kale Strata
How to Make Peameal and Back Bacon
Maple Walnut Spiced Pumpkin Buns
Paska - Ukrainian Easter Bread
Pumpernickel Everything Bagels
Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones
The BEST Hash Browns Recipe!
Looking for even quicker options? Check out my Muffin Recipes, too!