Sweet Corn Bruschetta
Originally published July 21, 2014. Updated on 3/18/2021
Well, guess what? Not only is it sweet corn season once again (*Cough* you should totally buy my book *Cough*), but the book is featured in the August edition of Midwest Living! Check it ouuuuut!
Pretty slick, eh?
Figured I'd celebrate by sharing that same recipe with you all: Sweet Corn Bruschetta!
This recipe is simple, elegant, and easy to tinker with.
This recipe is beautiful and delicious with the most simple of balsamic vinegars.
However - much like with my Balsamic Peach Bruschetta - it is *mind blowingly amazing* if you can get your hands on peach balsamic vinegar.
Peach White Balsamic Vinegar not only works beautifully with the corn... but is basically one of the best things to have in the kitchen, period.
I LOVE Peach White Balsamic Vinegar!
If you don’t live in either area, I highly recommend looking up olive oil companies in your area - they’re the kind of businesses that usually sell flavoured balsamic vinegars. I haven’t seen this stuff on any grocery store shelf, which is a shame - it’s really fabulous. Amazon sells it though - here - if you really can’t get it locally.
We originally started getting the little bottles, not much bigger than a sample. Maybe 100 ml? Now we buy the big bottles.
9 times out of 10, I’m using it for a balsamic vinaigrette - it’s especially great on roasted beet salads. When I’m not making vinaigrette with it, I’m making an alternative bruschetta recipe with it - either the corn or this peach one.
Wow, I really can go on forever about the stuff. Seriously, it’s delicious. I’m kind of shocked we haven’t just had at it with a spoon yet.
Sweet Corn Bruschetta Variations
- Add in diced fresh tomato
- Try chili flakes, for a bit of a kick
- Try different fresh herbs - dill, tarragon, parsley, thyme, mint, cilantro...
- Add a pressed garlic clove
- Swap the goat cheese for mascarpone, ricotta, or cream cheese
- Add a little finely chopped onion
- Mix and match these suggestions to build a bruschetta that is all your own!
More Sweet Corn Recipes
Fan of sweet corn? I’ve got more recipes for you!
Beer Battered Corn on the Cob
Breakfast Corn Muffins
Hearty Corn & Black Bean Soup
Homemade Creamed Corn
How to Cook Corn on the Cob
Marie's Low Country Boil
Quick Sweet Corn Soda
Roasted Corn Chowder
Roasted Corn & Potato Salad
Roasted Corn Salsa for Canning
Roasted Corn Salsa Verde for Canning
Southwest Hot Dish
Sweet Corn Ice Cream
Sweet Corn Panna Cotta
Sweet Corn Relish
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Sweet Corn Bruschetta
- 4 Ears Fresh Corn husks removed
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar of Choice
- ¼ cup Fresh Basil Cut into thin strips
- 1 Baguette
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 8 oz Goat Cheese
- Using a sharp knife, carefully cut kernels off the ears of corn. In a large bowl, combine corn kernels, honey, sugar, and balsamic vinegar, tossing to coat. Stir in basil, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut baguette into ¼-1/2″ thick slices – I like to cut them at a bit of an angle. Brush both sides of each bread slice with olive oil, arrange on a broiling pan.
- Broil bread slices for 3 minutes, flip them all over, and broil for another 2 minutes. Remove from oven, spread each slice with some goat cheese, top with corn mixture. Serve immediately!