Gluten Free Sesame Chicken
This Sesame Chicken is gluten-free, but you'd never know it. Great for the whole family - GF or not!
Servings 4 People
- Oil for deep frying – we used vegetable oil
- 3/4 Cup Garbanzo / Chickpea Flour
- 1/2 Cup Corn Starch
- 1/4 Cup White Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Cup Water or Chicken Broth
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar Packed
- 2 Tbsp Rice Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Grated Ginger
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Crushed Pepper Flakes
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 4 Large Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Trimmed and cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 Cup Garbanzo / Chickpea Flour
In a medium saucepan, whisk together all sauce ingredients - except sesame seeds - until smooth.
Heat over medium, simmer until it thickens slightly. Remove from heat, set aside while you fry the chicken.
In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt, and sesame oil. Add water, stir well to form a thick batter.
Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes or so, to soften the bean flour.
Toss chicken chunks with additional garbanzo flour, then dredge in the batter.
Carefully transfer battered chicken pieces to the preheated oil, cooking in batches. Fry for a few minutes on each side, until golden brown and cooked all the way through. Use a slotted metal spoon to transfer fried chicken to paper towels.