Pin Recipe Save Recipe Saved!
This Southwest Hotdish may not be the most authentic, traditional hotdish recipe ever - it DOES contain things like poblanos and jalapenos! - but the flavour is great!
Servings: 6 People
- 1 medium onion thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeno pepper finely chopped
- 2 poblano peppers thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast chopped
- 3 ears fresh sweet corn husks removed
- 2 cans black beans 15 oz each
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1.5 tsp cumin powder
- 2 cans condensed cheese soup
- ½ cup salsa . preferably hot
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- 2 cups shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 lb bag tater tots
Preheat oven to 350f
In a large pan, saute onion, jalapeno, and poblano peppers till tender. Add garlic, olive oil, and chicken breast pieces, continue cooking until chicken is cooked all the way through.
Using a sharp knife, carefully cut kernels off the ears of corn, add to the pan along with black beans, red pepper flakes and cumin. Stir well, cook for 2 minutes.
Pour mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish or baking pan. Stir in condensed soup, salsa, and black olives, mix well to coat everything evenly.
Sprinkle shredded cheese over mixture. Arrange tater tots in a single layer on top of the cheese. Bake at 350 for 50 minutes. Serve hot!
Calories: 720kcal | Carbohydrates: 65g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 1144mg | Potassium: 1335mg | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 665IU | Vitamin C: 50mg | Calcium: 359mg | Iron: 4mg