Spicy Tropical Chicken Zoodles
Note: This recipe was originally posted on July 20, 2009. It was completely updated on July 22, 2020.
This Spicy Tropical Chicken Stir Fry is one of the very first recipes posted on this blog - just over 11 years ago!
Much like with the Cilantro Chicken Recipe and the Clementines Marmalade (Which didn't even HAVE any photos, for some reason!)... it was definitely in need of an update and new photos. Can we take a second here to appreciate how awful the original accompanying photo was?
... yikes. Seriously.
As we were overhauling it, I took the opportunity to update the recipe itself. It originally called for a bag of frozen stir fry mix, which is something we haven't done in... a very long time. I swapped that out for fresh peppers, and also changed the original serving - with ribbons of zucchini - to utilize zoodles. I love our Zoodler (This one), and tend to look for any excuse to use it!
This recipe is great as a relatively low carb (and mostly "Paleo" friendly) entree. It's Gluten-free and dairy free, also! I love the way the fruit and spices accent each other, the creaminess of the sauce, and the crunch of the peppers. Just a really beautiful (now, anyway!), satisfying dish!
Also, if you're interested in gluten-free cooking and baking, you should definitely check out my gluten-free cookbooks: Beyond Flour: A Fresh Approach to Gluten Free Cooking & Baking, and the sequel... Beyond Flour 2. You can order them right here on my website, through Amazon, or through any major bookseller.
More Low Carb Recipes
Looking for more Low Carb recipes? I've got you! Here are a few of my favourites:
Chicken Enchilada Zoodles
Low Carb Keto Chirashi Bowl
Low Carb Peanut Chicken Zoodles
Low Carb Tuna Mango Poke
Keto Spicy Salmon Poke
Riceless Stuffed Grape Leaves
Scotch Egg Meatloaf
Sesame Crusted Smoked Tofu
Singapore Mai Fan Style Zoodles
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Spicy Tropical Chicken Zoodles
- Small can pineapple chunks divided
- ¾ cup Canned coconut milk
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp Crushed Chilies
- ½ tsp Allspice
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp thyme
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 3 Boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into strips
- 1 Mango peeled, seeded, and chopped into small chunks
- 1 Red bell pepper
- 1 Green bell pepper
- 3 Medium zucchinis zoodled
- ½ cup salted cashews chopped.
- Measure all sauce ingredients except salt and pepper into a blender, along with ½ cup of the pineapple juice. Blitz until well combined.
- Taste sauce, season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Add olive oil and chicken to a large pan or wok, season with salt and pepper.
- Saute chicken strips in olive oil until browned on all sides. (They don’t need to be cooked through yet!).
- Strain pineapple chunks, discard any remaining juice. Add pineapple chunks, mango, pepper slices, and sauce to the pot, allow sauce to heat through and thicken.
- Add zoodles to the pan, stir / toss well to completely coat with the sauce. Continue to cook until zoodles are heated through.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add cashews to the pan, stir to combine.
- Serve hot