Another version of a more traditional standby! My husband ADORES pistachios - this brittle is a holiday favorite at our house! Makes a great gift, also.
More Candy Making Recipes
In the mood to melt some sugar, make some gummies, or play with chocolate? I've got you!
Bananas Foster Pralines
Banana Walnut Brittle
Blood Orange Cranberry Toffee
Dill Pickle Gummy Worms
Festive Easy Fudge
Ginger Molasses Sponge Toffee
Homemade BCAA Gummies
Homemade Crunchie Bars
Homemade Jolly Rancher Candies
Hop Flavoured Beer Lollipops (LolliHOPS!)
How to Make Marshmallow Cones
Jalapeno Beer Peanut Brittle
Milk Chocolate Chai Truffles
Peppermint Patties Recipe
White Chocolate Almond Amaretto Truffles
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 cups Shelled Pistachios
- Cooking Spray
- Set oven to “warm”, or lowest temperature.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place inside warm oven.
- In a heavy saucepan (2 quart), mix together sugar, corn syrup, salt, and water
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then attach candy thermometer to saucepan. Stir often until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees Celcius). KEEP A VERY CLOSE EYE ON IT after about 280 degrees, as the temp has a tendency to race up at that point. If you turn your back, you could burn it!
- At 300 degrees, remove the pan from heat, add baking soda and butter, stir until incorporated. Quickly add in pistachios, stir until completely coated.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, and pour brittle out onto it. Use 2 buttered forks to pull the brittle mixture out from the center, till it is thinly spread and relatively even.
- Cool completely, then break into pieces.