Jalapeno-Beer Peanut Brittle
Originally Posted September 7, 2009. Updated 1/8/2021
I've been promising my husband a beer-based brittle for a very long time.
After letting the idea stew for awhile, I came up with a recipe for his new treat: A Jalapeno and beer based brittle!
While it’s maybe a weird idea for a brittle, we LOVE the combo of Jalapenos and beer, here.
So ... it had to end up in candy making at some point, right?
Jalapeno Beer Peanut Brittle
Using roasted, salted peanuts along with a dark, flavorful beer and jalapenos makes this a very "guy friendly" snack.
The way the jalapenos cook in the syrup gives the brittle an even, "low, slow burn", not so in-your-face with the jalapeno kick.
Very tasty, even though I can't stand beer!
Note: To make this jalapeno-beer peanut brittle recipe gluten-free, all you need to do is to use a GF beer.
This recipe comes from my first cookbook, The Spirited Baker. It’s FULL of fun, tasty recipes using spirits and liqueurs for flavour – you should check it out:
Combining liqueurs with more traditional baking ingredients can yield spectacular results.Try Mango Mojito Upside Down Cake, Candy Apple Flan, Jalapeno Beer Peanut Brittle, Lynchburg Lemonade Cupcakes, Pina Colada Rum Cake, Strawberry Daiquiri Chiffon Pie, and so much more.
To further add to your creative possibilities, the first chapter teaches how to infuse spirits to make both basic and cream liqueurs, as well as home made flavor extracts! This book contains over 160 easy to make recipes, with variation suggestions to help create hundreds more! Order your hard copy here on my website, through Amazon, or through any major bookseller.
Looking for More Recipes for "The Big Game"?
... or other watching party, or just to up your snack food game for the hell of it? I've got you covered!
40+ Fantastic Wing Recipes
Bacon Roasted Potato Skins
Baked Reuben Poppers
Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno Jack Dip
Dill Pickle Cream Cheese Dip
Fat Elvis Cupcakes
Game Day Popcorn
Ginger Wasabi Dip
Hot Cheeseburger Dip
How to Cook Perogies in an Air Fryer
Jalapeno Artichoke "Backfire" Dip
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pretzels
Porter House Guacamole
Porter's Epic Popcorn
Queso Dip from Scratch
Smoked Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Smoked Cheese Balls
Smoked French Fries
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Jalapeno Beer Brittle
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Cup Light Corn Syrup
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ⅓ Cup Beer Any will work, dark will have better flavour.
- 1-2 Jalapenos Seeded and Finely Chopped
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 tablespoon Butter
- 1 ½ Cups Roasted, Salted Peanuts
- Cooking Spray
- Set oven to “warm”, or lowest temperature.Spray a large cookie sheet with cooking spray. Place inside warm oven.
- In a heavy saucepan (2 quart), mix together sugar, corn syrup, salt, beer, and jalapeno pepper bits.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat, then attach candy thermometer to saucepan. Stir often until temperature reaches 300 degrees F (150 degrees Celcius). KEEP A VERY CLOSE EYE ON IT after about 280 degrees, as the temp has a tendency to race up at that point. If you turn your back, you could burn it!
- At 300 degrees, remove the pan from heat, add baking soda and butter, stir until incorporated. Quickly add in peanuts and stir until completely coated.
- Remove cookie sheet from oven, and pour brittle out onto it. Use 2 buttered forks to pull the brittle mixture out from the center, till it is thinly spread and relatively even.
- Cool completely, then break into pieces.
More Candy Making Recipes
In the mood to melt some sugar, make some gummies, or play with chocolate? I've got you!
Bananas Foster Pralines
Banana Walnut Brittle
Blood Orange Cranberry Toffee
Dill Pickle Gummy Worms
Festive Easy Fudge
Ginger Molasses Sponge Toffee
Homemade BCAA Gummies
Homemade Crunchie Bars
Homemade Jolly Rancher Candies
Hop Flavoured Beer Lollipops (LolliHOPS!)
How to Make Marshmallow Cones
Milk Chocolate Chai Truffles
Peppermint Patties Recipe
Ube White Chocolate Fudge
White Chocolate Almond Amaretto Truffles