Roasted Corn & Potato Salad
Originally posted July 31, 2013. Updated 2/16/2021.
Today's recipe is one of my favourite, go-to recipes from my latest cookbook, "Sweet Corn Spectacular". (Update: Sweet Corn Spectacular has been completely redone, and is now Maize Craze. It's available directly through our site, through Amazon, and through most major booksellers!)
When I created this recipe, I intended it to be a roasted take on a traditional — cold !— potato salad...
... But as soon as the dressing was tossed on the hot potato salad, we couldn’t help ourselves: we were picking at it long before it had a chance to cool.
Oh, it was amazing — I actually preferred it hot, rather than its later, chilled incarnation!
Roasted Corn & Potato Salad
This is my ideal vision of a non-creamy potato salad (for creamy, nothing beats my "Grandma's Potato Salad"!).
It has the perfect combination of textures. The sweetness of the roasted corn plays well with the salty, smokiness of the bacon...
... and the dressing is to DIE for! Creating this recipe sent me on a several-week-long cider vinaigrette bender.
I had to put this on everything, and found myself making salads just as an excuse to consume more of it!
So, yeah... just an all-around amazing roasted corn & potato salad.
The Corn Cookbook - Maize Craze!
Looking for more salad recipes - whether as a side, main, or dessert (LOL!)? I’ve got you!
Best Coleslaw Recipe Ever!
Canadian Candy Bar Salad
Cold Smoked Potato Salad
"Extreme" Caesar Salad Recipe
Gramma's Potato Salad
Grilled Halloumi Salad with Peaches & Figs
Hazelnut Crusted Chicken Salad
Marie's Pasta Salad
No Tomato Quinoa Tabbouleh
Rainbow Salad with Carrot Dressing
Roasted Radish Salad
Wild Rice & Edamame Salad
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Roasted Corn and Potato Salad
- 1 lb Bacon Chopped
- 3 lb Red Potatoes Cut into ¾" to 1-inch chunks
- Salt and Pepper
- 3-4 Ears Fresh Corn Shucked
- 4 Celery Ribs Sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 Medium Red Onion Chopped
- 1-2 tablespoon Finely Chopped Green Onions
- ½ Cup Olive Oil
- ⅓ Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Garlic cloves Pressed or minced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cook bacon until crispy; use a slotted spoon to remove bacon from pan and set it aside.
- Toss potato chunks with bacon drippings. Spread onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or foil; season with salt and pepper.
- Roast until potatoes are fork tender, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, use a sharp knife to carefully cut kernels off the ears of corn.
- In a large bowl, toss kernels, celery, red onion, green onions, and cooked bacon. Set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, apple cider vinegar, mustard, garlic, and ½ teaspoon pepper until emulsified. Season with salt to taste.
- When potatoes are ready, mix them into the large bowl of vegetables. Pour vinaigrette over top, tossing to coat.
- Serve immediately, allow to cool slightly and serve warm, or chill for later service.