Peppers, Onion, Sharp Cheese, and Beer give this fondue a TON of flavour. It's a colourful, fun departure from traditional fondues!
Served with cubes of bread, chunks of vegetables, and slices of fruit, this makes awonderful appetizer. Not in the mood for such a formal service? Set it out withtortilla chips as a hot cheese dip!
Are you a wild cheese freak like us? We've some recipes for you!
Brie en Croute
Low Carb Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Easy Cheese Souffle
Gluten-Free Cheez Its
Gluten-Free Fried Brie
Grilled Halloumi Salad with Peaches & Figs
Heart Shaped Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno Jack Dip
Hot Cheeseburger Dip
How to Make Fresh Mozzarella
How to Make Fromage Fort
How to Make Proper Queso
Jalapeno Artichoke Cheese Dip
Paneer Pakora - Gluten-Free
Smoked Cheese Balls
Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
The One Cheese Ring
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
- 1 Cup Mexican Beer Like Corona
- 3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 1 Fresno Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- 6 Garlic cloves Pressed or Minced
- 1 Small Onion Peeled and Chopped
- 1 ½ lbs Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- In a medium sized saucepan, heat beer and lime juice on low-medium.
- Put peppers, garlic, and onion in food processor or blender, and let it rip till finely chopped.
- Increase heat to medium or medium high, add pepper mixture to the beer, cook till everything is soft, and onion is translucent, about 5 minutes
- In a large bowl, toss grated cheese with cornstarch.
- Add a good sized handful of cheese to the pot, and mix well till it is completely melted in. Add another big handful, and repeat until all the cheese is added, completely melted, and smooth (aside from the pepper bits, of course!)
- Transfer to fondue pot if desired, and serve with cubes of bread, tortilla chips, blanched broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus, and slices of apples and pears