Today’s recipe - Spinach Feta Salmon Burgers - is one of those things I threw together once, made some notes on - after the fact - and kept on making. Rather than actual directions, it was basically vague measurements like “two big handfuls of spinach” and “some fresh dill”. Everything was eyeballed.
At some point, I posted my “non-recipe recipe” on my Facebook page, but the time has come to actually do it up as a proper recipe and share with you.
Now, as you can tell by the genesis of this recipe, there’s a lot of room for variation. Add more dill and/or green onions if you like - or skip it, whatever. You can add a little or a lot of spinach - I’ve made it everywhere from about 1 cup, to - as pictured - 2 cups of spinach. I prefer it a bit closer to the 1 cup mark, my husband prefers it at 2 cups. Chacun son goût.
If you can’t find shredded Feta, you can use crumbled - just drain it really well, measure about ½ cup (it’s far more salty than shredded, for some reason!), and crumble it finely.
Usually, I like to add a lot of stuff to a burger, as you could probably tell by some of my past recipes, like my Vegetarian Chorizo Burger with Grilled Poblano and Cilantro Pesto, Moroccan Spiced Lamb Burger with Pea Hummus, Goat Cheese, and Beets, Tandoori Spiced Chicken Burger with Mango, Paneer "Indian Cheeseburgers", and my
Apple Chicken Burgers with Basil and Gouda.
... For these Spinach Feta Salmon Burgers, though, I tend to eat it pretty plain - just a little mayo or lemon aioli, maybe a bit of lettuce.
It’s packed with delicate flavours, and too much in the way of topping - even just onion slices - will overpower it.
More Sandwich Recipes
Love sandwiches, or just want some new ideas for your lunches? We've got you covered!
Apple Chicken Burgers with Basil & Gouda
Buffalo Chicken Buns
Convention Sloppy Joes
Fancy Tea Sandwiches
Juicy Goosey Burger
Moroccan Spiced Lamb Burgers with Pea Hummus, Goat Cheese, and Beets
Muffaletta Sandwich Recipe
Pesto Chicken Panini
Spinach Hand Pies
Tandoori Spiced Chicken Burgers with Mango
Vegetarian Chorizo Burgers with Grilled Poblano & Cilantro Pesto
Vegetarian Donairs (and Vegan Donair Meat)
Wild Rice & Mushroom Polenta Sandwich
Share the Love!
Before you chow down, be sure to take some pics of your resulting handiwork! If you Instagram it, be sure to tag me - @CelebrationGenerationCA - or post it to My Facebook Page - so I can cheer you on!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Spinach Feta Salmon Burgers
- 1 lb Fresh, raw salmon Skin removed
- 1-2 Cups Fresh Spinach Chopped
- ¼ Cup Fresh DIll Chopped
- 1 Green Onion Sliced
- 1 Lemon, Zest Of
- ⅔ Cup Shredded Feta Cheese
- ⅔ Cup Panko Crumbs Gluten-Free, if needed
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- Olive Oil or Pan Spray
- 4 Large Buns
- Chop salmon into chunks – about 1″ or so – and blitz a couple times in a food processor. You want there to be some small chunks, not just a super smooth mush. Place in a medium-large mixing bowl.
- Measure spinach, dill, and green onion into the food processor. Blitz until finely chopped, add to mixing bowl, along with remaining ingredients. Mix gently until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture into 4 equal mounds, shape into burgers.
- Heat nonstick pan, spray or coat with a small amount of olive oil. Cook over medium heat for a few minutes, until it looks to be cooked halfway up. Gently flip – I like to use 2 large spatulas – and cook for a few more minutes, until cooked all the way through and lightly browned.
- Serve hot, on buns.