Strawberry Grand Marnier Chiffon Pie is a great combination of flavours - Strawberry with a bright hit of orange - in a fluffy, creamy base.
Originally Posted August 30, 2011. Updated 1/22/2021
Here it is - the final pie from my recent pie making blitz - Strawberry Grand Marnier Chiffon Pie!
This pie is one of the 160+ recipes featured in "The Spirited Baker", and it's deceptively easy to make.
The key to success here is to ensure that your mixer bowl and whisk are very clean, and that no egg yolk makes it in with the whites.
Any sort of grease or fat from the yolk will prevent your whites from whipping up properly, and you won't achieve the fluffy structure that you want for this pie.
This is a great pie for summer - not only to utilize the great fresh strawberries available, but also because it requires NO BAKING!
This recipe comes from my first cookbook, The Spirited Baker. It’s FULL of fun, tasty recipes using spirits and liqueurs for flavour – you should check it out:
Combining liqueurs with more traditional baking ingredients can yield spectacular results.Try Mango Mojito Upside Down Cake, Candy Apple Flan, Jalapeno Beer Peanut Brittle, Lynchburg Lemonade Cupcakes, Pina Colada Rum Cake, Strawberry Daiquiri Chiffon Pie, and so much more.
To further add to your creative possibilities, the first chapter teaches how to infuse spirits to make both basic and cream liqueurs, as well as home made flavor extracts! This book contains over 160 easy to make recipes, with variation suggestions to help create hundreds more! Order your hard copy here on my website, through Amazon, or through any major bookseller.
Looking for More Pie Recipes?
Pies, tarts... good stuff put into a flaky crust. I've got you!
Note: All recipes designated as gluten-free can alternately be made "regular" - just swap in your favourite pie crust recipe or store bought crust!
Caramel Apple Pie
Creamy Blueberry Amaretto Pie
Earl Grey Pie
Easter No-Bake Chocolate Pie
Gluten Free Apple Pie
Gluten-Free Maple Pumpkin Pie
Gluten Free Pie Crust
Maple Butter Tarts
Perfect Pie Crust Recipe
Reese's Peanut Butter Pie
Savoury Alligator Pie
Southern Comfort Peach Pie
Southern Comfort Pecan Pie
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to follow me on Pinterest, and subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Strawberry Grand Marnier Chiffon Pie
- 1 cup Pureed Strawberries
- ¼ cup Granulated Sugar
- 3 teaspoon Unflavored Gelatin Powder
- ⅓ cup Grand Marnier
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 Graham Crumb Pie Crust
- Extra strawberries for garnish
- Combine strawberry puree and sugar together in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over Grand Marnier and allow to soak for 5 minutes.
- Transfer bowl to microwave, heat in 10 second increments until gelatin dissolves into the liqueur. Pour into fruit puree mixture, stir until well incorporated, set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold into strawberry mixture, stirring until combined.
- Whip cream until stiff peaks form, then carefully fold in to the strawberry mixture, stirring until combined.
- Pour into pie crust, decorate with strawberry slices, and chill until set – about 2 hours.