Boozy Raspberry-Peach Bread Pudding
I've been really
lazy DISTRACTED FROM blogging lately.
Two books off to the publisher this month, one debuting next month, working on a Kickstarter (A gluten free cook book WILL happen!), and then product development for something fun in the new year. WHEW!
Have a recipe 🙂 This one is particularly ridiculous and amazing.. yum!
This Raspberry-Peach Bread pudding has a fruity, flavourful base, which is uplifted even further with the additions of peach schnapps and chambord, in the custard and sauce, respectively. SO good!
This recipe comes from my first cookbook, The Spirited Baker. It’s FULL of fun, tasty recipes using spirits and liqueurs for flavour – you should check it out!
Looking for More Peach Recipes?
I’ve got you covered! Here are few favourites, or type “peach” into the search field on my site to find even more!
Balsamic Peach Bruschetta
Blackberry Peach Popsicles
Fresh Peach Daiquiri Recipe
Fresh Peach Salsa
Fuzzy Peach Candy Cocktail
Grilled Halloumi Salad
Grilled Peaches with Lime Honey
Homemade Peach Wine Recipe
One Pan Balsamic Chicken with Peaches
Peach Cobbler Muffins
Peachy Southern Comfort Cheesecake
Rosemary Peach Balsamic Scones
Small Batch Peach Jam
Small Batch Mango Peach Jam
Southern Comfort Peaches N Cream Popsicles
Southern Comfort Peach Pie
Spicy Southern Comfort Glazed Chicken with Grilled Peaches
Share the Love!
Before you chow down, be sure to take some pics of your resulting handiwork! If you Instagram it, be sure to tag me - @CelebrationGenerationCA - or post it to My Facebook Page - so I can cheer you on!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Boozy Raspberry-Peach Bread Pudding
- 1 Loaf of day old French or Italian bread
- ¼ cup butter melted
- 2 ⅓ cups milk
- ⅔ cup Peach schnapps
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 2-3 fresh peaches sliced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 Egg
- ⅔ cup Chambord
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9″ x 13″ square baking pan with vegetable shortening or butter.
- Rip bread into bite sized pieces (about 6 cups worth). Cover with melted butter and milk, stirring to coat the bread pieces. Allow all of the milk to soak in, then arrange into prepared baking pan.
- Combine peach schnapps, beaten eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Whisk until fully combined and smooth. Pour over bread, stirring lightly so that all of the bread is covered.
- Gently stir in peach slices and raspberries.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until set. Edges should be golden, and easily pull away from the side of the pan.
- Combine melted butter, sugar, and egg in a small saucepan, whisking until well blended.
- Whisk constantly, cooking over low heat until mixture thickens – do not allow mixture to come to a simmer.
- Whisk in Chambord, remove from heat – sauce should be smooth and creamy.
- Serve bread pudding hot, with sauce poured over each serving. Best eaten the same day it is made.
|Interested in boozy culinary experiments? You'll LOVE my first cookbook, The Spirited Baker!
Combining liqueurs with more traditional baking ingredients can yield spectacular results.Try Mango Mojito Upside Down Cake, Candy Apple Flan, Jalapeno Beer Peanut Brittle, Lynchburg Lemonade Cupcakes, Pina Colada Rum Cake, Strawberry Daiquiri Chiffon Pie, and so much more.
To further add to your creative possibilities, the first chapter teaches how to infuse spirits to make both basic and cream liqueurs, as well as home made flavor extracts! This book contains over 160 easy to make recipes, with variation suggestions to help create hundreds more! Order your hard copy here, or digital edition here.