Porter House Guacamole
Originally Posted July 4, 2013. Updated 1/8/2021
With the long weekend coming up, I think it's about time to post my Porter House guacamole recipe 🙂
My husband HATES tomatoes, especially when raw.
He's ok with tomato sauce if he has no other option, and he LOVES ketchup... but finds raw tomatoes to be the nastiest thing possible.
It's something I'll probably never understand, but have learned to work around - and today's recipe is an example of that.
We both LOVE guacamole, but he hates having bits of tomato in his.
I like the colour and additional flavor that the tomato adds, so I created this recipe as kind of a compromise.
Red bell pepper adds that colour and flavor to the mix, and the taste is amazing - NO compromise there!
Porter House Guacamole Variations
As with most guacamole recipes, this is highly adaptable. A few examples:
- You can trim the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno for less heat
- You can add more jalapenos for more heat.
- Toss in a chopped up mango for even more colour, and to up the sweetness if you like
- The Tequila is optional
- Swap the lime juice out for Calamansi Juice, if you have a wild addiction to it (like I do).
... it's really quite flexible!
Looking for More Recipes for "The Big Game"?
... or other watching party, or just to up your snack food game for the hell of it? I've got you covered!
40+ Fantastic Wing Recipes
Bacon Roasted Potato Skins
Baked Reuben Poppers
Beer Pretzels with Jalapeno Jack Dip
Dill Pickle Cream Cheese Dip
Fat Elvis Cupcakes
Game Day Popcorn
Ginger Wasabi Dip
Hot Cheeseburger Dip
How to Cook Perogies in an Air Fryer
Jalapeno Artichoke "Backfire" Dip
Jalapeno Beer Brittle
Jalapeno Popper Stuffed Pretzels
Porter's Epic Popcorn
Queso Dip from Scratch
Smoked Bacon Jalapeno Poppers
Smoked Cheese Balls
Smoked French Fries
Share the Love!
Also, be sure to subscribe to my free monthly email newsletter, so you never miss out on any of my nonsense.
Well, the published nonsense, anyway!
Anyway, on to that Porter House Guacamole recipe!
"Porter House" Guacamole
- 5 Ripe Avocados Seeded and Peeled
- 1 Lime Zested and Juiced
- 1-2 tablespoon Tequila Optional
- 1 Red Bell Pepper Seeded and Chopped
- ½ Yellow Onion Chopped
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers Finely Chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove Pressed or Finely Minced
- 1+ tablespoon Cilantro Chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Gumin Optional
- Place about half of the avocado into a food processor with about half of the lime juice and all of the tequila. Blitz until almost smooth.
- Chop remaining avocado into small, bite sized pieces and place into a mixing bowl. Toss with remaining lime juice.
- Add bell pepper, onion, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and pureed avocado to the mixing bowl, gently fold in until ingredients are well distributed. Season with salt and pepper to taste.